Stranded In Stereo: New Dandy Warhols Video: "Mission Control"

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

New Dandy Warhols Video: "Mission Control"

The last two and a half weeks of my life have been consumed by this new Dandy Warhols record. It's their best album to date, and I hate to spoil what will be coming in a few weeks, but is ...Earth To The Dandy Warhols... my album of the year? I usually hate to have one of my all-time favorites take such a claim, but right now this is the one thing that has grabbed my attention more than anything. You know why? Because I wasn't looking forward to it. The live songs I found on YouTube last year did nothing to hold my interest, but now I can listen to this record from start to finish (ok, save for the last song, "Musee D'Nougat," 15 minutes of blubbering about candy bars? No thank you) and it's just great.

Anyway, I was trolling the internet last night and came across the video for "Mission Control" on their MySpace. Courtney Taylor-Taylor: is that a ponytail you are hiding back there? Anyway, the band's in outerspace, disclosing nicknames and classifying marriage information. And Zia McCabe hasn't looked any hotter.

(Video removed per request)

You can buy the album now via their subscription service which includes an automatic download of the album and a free poster and all that stuff I mentioned a while back. If you rather just wait and buy the CD at your local retailer, you can pick it up on August 19th. The band have a few Northwest dates booked later this month before they head over to Europe for the summer. A full scale US jaunt is scheduled for September.

06/17 Victoria, BC @ The Element
06/18 Vancouver, BC @ The Vogue Theatre
06/20 Seattle, WA @ Showbox
06/21 Portland, OR @ Roseland

No comments: