Stranded In Stereo: Lollapareview: Does It Offend You, Yeah?

Monday, July 28, 2008

Lollapareview: Does It Offend You, Yeah?

When @ Lolla: Saturday / 12:30 PM / Bud Light Stage

One of my favorite albums that I sort of purposely neglected the other week was
You Have No Idea What You're Getting Yourself Into, the debut album from Does It Offend You, Yeah? I don't know why anymore why I neglected it so, maybe because I was ashamed to admit that "Let's Make Out" is one of the catchiest songs of 2008. Some find it annoying, but a lot of us around here agree that songs like "Dawn Of The Dead," "Doomed Now" and the epic "With A Heavy Heart (I Regret To Inform You)" take the cake. "Heavy Heart" has this total 80s sheen to it that when that sax or whatever it is comes in out of nowhere in the middle, I am reminded of the great INXS who I raised myself on. I hear their live shows are kind of hit or miss, but I guess we shall find out Saturday, now won't we?

No comments: