Stranded In Stereo: SIS @ CMJ

Thursday, October 23, 2008

SIS @ CMJ

So the lack of internet at my hotel has really put a damper on me getting to let you all in on what I've seen so far at this year's CMJ Festival.

Tuesday night had easily the highlight and low light between Passion Pit and Jens Lekman. The Pit were on top of their game, best performance yet, delighting the sold out crowd at the Music Hall of Williamsburg at the Brooklyn Vegan party. But afterwards, "Singing DJ" Jens Lekman came out and did the most bizarre DJ set, where he sang along to songs that were not his own. Sadly, I left unimpressed and marched out and on to the Stereogum party where I saw Gang Gang Dance and Ponytail for the third and second times, respectively.

Last night was Wednesday, and Hot Lava tore up a late night 1AM set at the Delancey, showcasing material from their recent Bar None debut, Lavalogy. Before that I was able to catch GBV guitarist Doug Gillard at the Alphabet Lounge, previewing material from his upcoming solo album, Call From Restricted.

Tonight there's Koufax, and there's also Janelle Monae (guilty pleasure? Yeah, sure.)

Oh, and were you at the SIS party last night? Do let us know if you were and if you took and pics or would care to give us an awesome quote or four for an upcoming blog post.

1 comment:

herbalwellspring said...

A great deal of effective info for me!