Ever since this blog was started almost two years ago, the one person from my non-blogosphere life who always got a nearly once a month mention was my best friend, Gianni Antonaccio. Whether it was giving him flak for things we disagree on, or plotting and mapping out our plans for Lollapalooza, it was always nice to integrate him in to this little slice of daily life.
This year, I've upped the best friend's ante by asking for him to not only provide me his Top 30 albums of 2008, but also to write out his reasons for his Top 10. Now that I've gotten him to write two whole posts on his own for the blog, I really hope I can convince him to start up his own column in 2009.
Isn't that picture of him so dreamy? Anyway, here's his list:
Guest List: G. Antonaccio
30. Portishead / Third / Island
29. The Gaslight Anthem / The ’59 Sound / Side One Dummy
28. Plus/Minus / Xs On Your Eyes / Absolutely Kosher
27. The Hold Steady / Stay Positive / Vagrant
26. TV On The Radio / Dear Science / Interscope
25. Lil’ Wayne / Tha Carter III / Cash Money/Universal
24. Oasis / Dig Out Your Soul / Big Brother/Warner Bros.
23. R.E.M. / Accelerate / Warner Bros.
22. Panic At The Disco / Pretty. Odd. / Decaydance/Fueled by Ramen
21. Anberlin / New Surrender / Universal Republic
20. Lovedrug / The Sucker Punch Show / The Militia Group
19. Fools & Horses / I Am The Ghost / Self-Released
18. MGMT / Oracular Spectacular / Sony/Columbia
17. Does It Offend You, Yeah? / You Have No Idea What You’re Getting Yourself Into / Virgin
16. My Morning Jacket / Evil Urges / ATO
15. Kanye West / 808s & Heartbreak / Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam
14. Nine Inch Nails / The Slip / Null Corporation
13. Beck / Modern Guilt / DGC
12. Snow Patrol / A Hundred Million Suns / Polydor/A&M
11. Nada Surf / Lucky / Barsuk
08. Copeland / You Are My Sunshine / Tooth & Nail