Stranded In Stereo: High Places Set Tour

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

High Places Set Tour

Ever since I fell in love with the compilation track "New Grace" and I saw them open for Abe Vigoda this summer, I've been mildly obsessed with Brooklyn's High Places. I mean, the actually made me dance quite a bit when I saw them, and I hadn't let a crowd see me dance like that since I saw last saw LCD Soundsystem well over a year ago. There's just something about Mary Pearson's vocal beauty, contrasted with the warm sounds created by her and band mate Rob Barber that just make me melt. Deep bass lines and other exotic moments have combined to make some of the finest music of the year.

They've already won us over with the singles comp
03/07-09/07, and now Thrill Jockey is releasing their self-titled full length debut on September 23rd. In honor of such a momentous ocassion, the boy and the girl are hitting the road in the states including some west coast dates with Ponytail. Please, do yourself a favor and go see them. You will not be let down, I promise.

09/16 Pittsburgh, PA @ Brillobox
09/17 Cleveland, OH @ Grog Shop
09/18 Grand Rapids, MI @ Division Avenue Arts
09/19 Madison, WI @ Forward Music Fest
09/20 Champaign, IL @ Pygmalion Festival
09/21 Rock Island, IL @ Huckleberry's Pizza Parlor
09/23 Chicago, IL @ AV-aerie
09/24 Minneapolis, MN @ Triple Rock
09/25 Grinnell, IA @ Gardner Lounge at Grinnell College*
09/26 Iowa City, IA @ The Mill
09/27 Denver, CO @ Rhinoceropolis
09/29 Salt Lakt City, UT @ Kilby Court*
09/30 Missoula, MT @ The Badlander*
10/2 Seattle, WA @ Nectar Lounge*
10/3 Anacortes, WA @ Department of Safety*
10/4 Vancouver, BC @ Richard's On Richards*
10/6 Portland, OR @ Backspace*
10/8 San Francisco, CA @ Bottom Of The Hill*
10/10 Los Angeles, CA @ The Smell*
10/12 Phoenix, AZ @ Modified*
10/15 Austin, TX @ Emo's*
*w/ Ponytail

Download: "Head Spins" [mp3]

No comments: