By mixing provocative songwriting, catchy hooks, moody vocals, an energetic show and strong musicianship with an unerring commitment to their unique sound, Mission Hill has become a force to be reckoned with on the New England Music Scene. You can check them out for yourself at www.myspace.com/missionhillband.
1. Hailing from Boston makes us better than all those non-Boston bands because:
"There are a shitload of really good musicians here in Boston, which makes for a very competitive scene and a great environment to hone your skills. Plus we have wicked cool accents."
2. Name at least 3 bands that are still around and touring that you'd love to be on a bill with, and think fits well:
Third Eye Blind, The Fray, Snow Patrol.
3. Your favorite Boston venue to perform is:
Harpers Ferry. Great sound system, great staff, great room. Always a good time at Harpers."
4. Are there any genres that influence your music conceptually, rather than sonically? (In that you can't hear from listening to the music, but from getting into the structure or mathematics of the song-writing, etc.)
"As a musician and a songwriter I am coming from all different directions as far as influences. Lots of them you probably can't hear in the music but they are definitely there. But I am most influenced by experiences and things I encounter."
5. Your favorite local bar to hit up when not going the whole band deal is:
My favorite bar of the month is The Whitehorse Tavern... Cheap beer and great late-night bacon cheese burgers."
You can catch Mission Hill on April 3rd at Oliver's @ Cask n' Flagon as part of the Boston Music Spotlight Series.