Stranded In Stereo: New Elvis Perkins Video: "Chains, Chains, Chains"

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

New Elvis Perkins Video: "Chains, Chains, Chains"



We're halfway through 2009. I'm compiling the Top 10 So Far (Albums and songs this year, for the last time[!?!]) and I thought this would be a fitting little video to post. One of the albums that may/may not be on the Top 10, most certainly in the year-end Top 30, will be the newest one from Elvis Perkins in Dearland. Their eponymous album is near perfect, though upon my first listen I was more attracted to the first half of the record. Eventually the whole thing came together for me and it's easily one of the year's finest. Definitely a band one should catch live if you can; seriously, I've seen the man and his band five times now and they've never let me down once. Do enjoy the video for the song "Chains, Chains, Chains" which was directed by Sean Pecknold. Wonder if he's related to that Robin Pecknold guy from Fleet Foxes? Either way, the album is out now on XL.

No comments: