Stranded In Stereo: Jens Lekman Leaving 'Kortedala' For US Tour

Friday, September 21, 2007

Jens Lekman Leaving 'Kortedala' For US Tour

In the past week, my iTunes Library tells me I've spun this new Jens Lekman record, Night Falls Over Kortedala, somewhere between four and six times. That doesn't count the three times I know it's been spun in the office. It's such a captivating album: the opening moments of "And I Remember Every Kiss" are the most cinematic moments of music this year. Big brash brass, strings, and Lekman's dynamic and powerful lament open up the strongest album of the fall. It goes right in to "Sipping On The Sweet Nectar" which features more great strings and brass, accompanying what to me is the phattest disco beat. The sampling style is even more prevalent on "Kanske Ar Jag Kar I Dig," a number started off with Doo Wop's reminiscent of TV On The Radio, before a thumping beat that I could only point to Kanye as a comparison.

His vocals often get compared to Morrissey, and I have denounced that man for centuries. Maybe I should start recanting my feelings and listen to Vauxhall & I. Until then, I'll enjoy Kortedala and you can when it's released on October 9th. I'll see Jens in Boston, where will you catch him?

Touring:
10/23 Bloomington, IN Jake's
10/25 Washington DC Black Cat
10/26 Philadelphia, PA Unitarian Church
10/27 New York, NY Webster Hall
10/29 Boston, MA Paradise
11/02 Chicago, IL Logan Square Auditorium
11/03 Minneapolis, MN Triple Rock Social Club
11/06 Seattle, WA Nectar
11/07 Portland, OR Someday Lounge
11/09 San Francisco, CA Bimbo's 365 Club
11/13 Dallas, TX Granada
11/14 Austin, TX Parish
11/15 Tallahassee, FL Club Down Under

Download: "Kanske Ar Jag Kar I Dig" [mp3] // [Buy Here]

1 comment:

muebles madrid said...

To my mind everybody have to glance at this.