Stranded In Stereo: New Release Tuesday: Propagandhi

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

New Release Tuesday: Propagandhi

I'll be the first person to admit that I've spent a majority of my life being pretty narrow minded about music. My name was pretty synonymous with the phrase "music snob" in social circles. Over the years though, my snobbiness has waned I suppose you could say. I've been more up for broadening my horizions, expanding my musical palette so to speak. Me going off with all that word vomit about Grizzly Bear last week was the norm. Me having praise for an album by Propagandhi is new. It's a wild streak. Most people would probably be surprised that I am even willing to give them the time of day.

So let's be honest. I didn't listen to Supporting Caste by choice at first; the album blared on repeat for days here at the SiS HQ and it was only time until it would pump through my blood stream. The songs would eventually become one with me - "Dear Coaches Corner" staying with me the most. There's this little bit of dialogue that opens up the song before sprawling in to this mess of guitars and drums. Apparently I'll be seeing them this weekend, first time I'll be amassed in any form of mosh pit since I don't even know when. I'm not an angry guy, but I guess I should find music that I can channel my, um, energy in to to vent my frustations by chance.

Stream: "Dear Coaches Corner" + Supporting Caste [MySpace] // [Buy Here]

1 comment:

jesspye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.